Buffy (barn name) is a palomino mare by Dually Pepped Ted (AQHA palomino stallion) and out of Boba Merada Cat (AQHA sorrel mare). On the top side, Buffy is Dual Pep and Smart Little Lena bred. Buffy’s dam is sired by Cow Kwacker who earned nearly $4,000 in the NCHA with limited showing and has an NCHA certificate of ability. Cow Kwacker was sired by High Brow Cat and is out of Kwackin.
Dual Pep had over $300,000 in NCHA life earnings and at the time of his death in 2018, his foals had earned $25.8 million and he had sired the dams of earners of $32.6 million. As of 2022, Dual Pep ranks number 7 on the list of Equi-State all-time leading sires.
Smart Little Lena, who earned over $577,000 in the NCHA after only eight shows, won the 1982 NCHA Futurity, Super Stakes, and Derby. He was the sire of money earning foals in every performance discipline. In AQHA competition, his offspring earned 9,744.5 points and 22 world championships, along with $216,387. In the National Reining Horse Association competition, his foals earned $686,470. In the National Reined Cow Horse Association, they earned $973,136.95. Smart Little Lena’s foals earned nearly $35 million in the NCHA.
High Brow Cat is a producer of over $60 million and is the all-time leading cutting sire of all ages and across all divisions. He has a record of seven NCHA futurity open champions.
Kwackin is the dam of offspring who have produced over $613,000 and is the dam of the 2006 NRCHA Snaffle Bit Futurity Champion (Smart Crackin Chic). She is also the dam of the 2008 NRCHA Open Futurity Champion, Catting, who has over $200,000 in life time earnings.
Buffy’s grandsire on the bottom side (Ricochets Sue) earned over $21,000 in the NCHA and has an NCHA Certificate of Ability. Ricochets Sue was sired by Smart Lil Ricochet and is out of Meradas Little Sue (both just off of Buffy’s papers).
Smart Lil Ricochet is the sire of multiple NCHA champions with offspring earnings over $3.9 million. In 2007, when he died, he was leading siring son of Smart Little Lena. He was the 1997 NCHA Open Futurity first go-round winner having marked a 223. His show career was cut short by a serious injury sustained during his First-go NCHA Futurity winning run.
Meradas Little Sue currently ranks number 6 (Smart Little Lena ranks number 5) on the Equi-Stat Life Time Cutting Statistics, which follows the top horses in the cutting horse industry. She is a three time NCHA Open World Champion having won the title in 1995, 1997, and 1999. She has NCHA life time earnings of over $730,000, was the 1996 horse of the year, and is a member of the NCHA Hall of Fame.
Sold for: $[0 Bids]
- Auction closed
- Bidding Over
- First Bid: N/A
- Last Bid: N/A
- Shipping: n/a
Ends:December 1, 2023 5:09 am
No auction selected
The following fee will be added to this auction: $65.00
Terms and Conditions
- The highest bid received by the end of the auction will be the winning bid.
- Wolf Moon Ranch reserves the right to not sell a horse if the reserve price has not been met.
- Terms of the sale are either credit card, PayPal, or personal/business checks a. Full payment is due within 4 hours of when the auction has come to an end and before pickup. b. The primary method of making payments is through PayPal. Credit and debit card payments made through PayPal must have an extra 2.59% + $0.49 added to the final selling price of the horse. Payments made with either Venmo or PayPal must include and extra 3.49% + $0.49 to the final selling price. Payments through PayPal Check out must be directed to email@example.com. The winning bidder will receive an email to the address provided during registration with a final invoice. c. Checks payable to Wolf Moon Ranch LLC are accepted; however ownership and possession of the horse will not be transferred to the buyer until the check has cleared and funds are received by Wolf Moon Ranch
- Wolf Moon Ranch guarantees that all horses will be in a healthy and sound condition on the date of sale. Furthermore, Wolf Moon Ranch warrants that the horse is sound in the limb, breath, and eyes and does not weave. Wolf Moon Ranch will publicize all known conditions, quality, soundness, and blemishes in the catalog entries for any horse with known issues. Wolf Moon Ranch does not make any further soundness guarantees, or express or implied guaranty or warranty with any sale horses. Vet checks are welcome at perspective buyer’s expense.
- Upon the sale of each horse, horses are at the buyer’s expense, risk, and responsibility from the time purchased, but no delivery will be made until the full amount of the winning bid is received. a. Buyer’s responsibilities include any liability for injury, illness, etc. a horse may incur after the sale, even while the horse is still at Wolf Moon Ranch.
- All sales are final and are neither rescindable nor refundable unless otherwise expressly agreed upon by both parties.
- Delivery of horses to winning bidders will not be made until full payment in the amount of the winning bid has been made and received by Wolf Moon Ranch. Pickup and transportation costs are at buyer’s expense. Pickup of purchased horses must be made within five (5) days of the completion of the sale unless Coggins tests, health certificates, and brand inspections are required to cross stateliness, etc. In the event that these types of shipping documents are required, Wolf Moon Ranch will hold the horse until these documents have been received. Boarding fees will be charged each buyer at a rate of $30/day for every day that the horse remains at Wolf Moon Ranch beyond the date that documents have been received (if required) or after five days from the time the sale has ended if documents are not required. Buyer will be responsible for paying all registration transfer fees, brand inspection fees, Coggins testing, and health inspection fees. Wolf Moon Ranch will obtain all required documents at buyers expense.
- Wolf Moon Ranch horses are in a closed herd environment and are; therefore, unvaccinated. Wolf Moon Ranch recommends that each horse be vaccinated per its new environment.
- Wolf Moon Ranch makes every effort to ensure the correctness/accuracy of information presented in the sale catalog; however, Wolf Moon Ranch LLC will not be held liable for any error or accidental omission.
- All buyers and prospective buyers must register and obtain a buyer’s number prior to bidding.
- If a bid is placed in the final 10 minutes of an auction, the auction for a given horse will be automatically extended by 4 minutes.
- Prospective buyers are encouraged to come to Wolf Moon Ranch to preview sale horses; however, Wolf Moon